Head of Finance – Seren Collection & Routescape
The Seren Collection & Routescape is recruiting for an outstanding and experienced financial leader to join the senior management team. Reporting directly to the owner and Managing Director of this growing hospitality group, this role will join an experienced and strategic leadership team in the fast-paced hospitality and travel sector.
A little about us
Seren Collection is an award-winning and privately-owned hospitality group, based in Pembrokeshire and the Gower Peninsular. Since launching in 2008, owners Neil and Zoe Kedward have grown the business to include the Grove of Narberth Hotel, Coast Restaurant in Saundersfoot, Beach House Restaurant in Oxwich, and the Kiosk Café in Saundersfoot. The group has experienced organic year-on-year growth since it began operating, and now employs over 110 staff with revenue forecast to exceed £6million in 2021. There are ambitious growth plans for all established businesses, including a substantial spa development, along with growing the portfolio to include additional venues.
Alongside the continuing success of Seren Collection, Routescape, a luxury travel and tailor-made tour company was launched in 2018. Routescape has had a remarkable start to its journey with an exciting future ahead as a significant revenue stream for the group.
This role will lead the finance and accounts management for Seren Collection and Routescape, planning and driving financial performance across all business units. Working closely with the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be involved in strategic decision making for the group, in addition to performing financial analysis and modelling to support finance proposals and long-range planning. The role requires someone who is comfortable being hands on with general accounts and cash flow management, while also working with the rest of the leadership team to deliver financial targets, and managing the relationship with the corporate banking directors and auditors.
The role will have line-manager responsibility for 2 highly experienced accounts team members. They will collectively work to deliver accounts within 3 weeks of month end, along with weekly management reports for all business units to include a broad cross-section of revenue and KPI tracking information. The role will drive close partnership with individual managers embedded in the businesses to ensure operation trackers are up to date and accurate, and will work closely with the HR Manager for the preparation of payroll and pensions.
This role will be key in delivering ongoing success for an already ambitious business, and offers the opportunity for personal growth and development into a Finance Director role in the future.
What we’re looking for
• 12 years minimum professional finance and accounts experience with significant time in industry.
• Ability to lead an experienced and talented team of accounts professionals.
• Outstanding financial and commercial acumen with a meticulous eye for detail.
• Passion for building a privately owned business with a practical outlook.
• First class interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business.
• High degree of technical capability to manage and configure complex financial frameworks using Sage and Excel linking with business front end systems.
• Personal credibility, presence and confidence as the financial figurehead for the company.
• Professional integrity and approach.
• Resilient and hardworking nature with an ability to work under pressure.
• Approachable and friendly yet professional personality.
• Significant hospitality finance experience is desirable but not essential.
What we offer
The Seren Collection and Routescape offers an excellent working environment in one of the most stunning parts of the UK, with the world-famous Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park on its doorstep. The successful candidate will be joining a business with a strong family philosophy and a highly experienced award-winning team.
A salary of between £50-60k (dependent upon experience) is offered to attract the highest calibre candidates. A discretionary bonus will also be available, plus generous staff discounts across the Seren Collection and associated membership organisations, pension scheme and other benefits.
If so, we would love to hear from you. Candidates should forward a covering letter and CV to Oliver, our Group HR Manager, email@example.com