Social Media & Communications Manager – Seren Collection & Routescape
The Seren Collection & Routescape is recruiting for a brand new role. We’re looking for an experienced social media and communications manager to join the Communications and Marketing Team. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing of this growing hospitality group, this role will join a rapidly expanding team in the fast-paced hospitality and travel sector.
A little about us
Seren Collection is an award-winning and privately-owned hospitality group, based in Pembrokeshire and the Gower Peninsular. Since launching in 2008, owners Neil and Zoe Kedward have grown the business to include the Grove of Narberth Hotel, Coast Restaurant in Saundersfoot, Beach House Restaurant in Oxwich, and the Kiosk Café in Saundersfoot. The group has experienced organic year-on-year growth since it began operating, and now employs over 110 staff with revenue forecast to exceed £6million in 2021. There are ambitious growth plans for all established businesses, including a substantial spa development, along with growing the portfolio to include additional venues.
Alongside the continuing success of Seren Collection, Routescape, a luxury travel and tailor-made tour company was launched in 2018. Routescape has had a remarkable start to its journey with an exciting future ahead as a significant revenue stream for the group.
This initial 10-month contract role will oversee the day to day management of the social media channels for all business groups, planning and delivering engaging posts to grow our network and develop a strong and robust community. The successful candidate will also manage and develop end to end marketing campaigns, working with the team Director to deliver strategic messaging to our extensive and growing client base.
The role requires someone with copywriting and editing experience, a natural maturity and knack for creating compelling content, and a keen eye for attractive design and layout. Strong brand awareness and creative thinking are key in this role, as the team is expanding into new areas. Considerable experience with CMS tools is a must, as is data management, as the team is tasked with generating new leads and initiatives to drive business growth through marketing channels.
The role involves working with multiple teams across multiple locations to manage projects with differing or clashing deadlines. Multi-tasking is a given, but no two days will be the same as the work is diverse and exciting. The role will also liaise closely with the reservations team to support enquiry conversion and to monitor booking numbers for related marketing campaigns.
This role would suit an ambitious and hardworking marketing professional, keen to join a vibrant and agile business with local roots and an international reputation. A passion for food and the hotel industry would be a bonus, but enthusiasm, creativity, and a collaborative nature are a must. Our expectation is that this role will transition into a permanent role for the right candidate, given our adventurous plans and business projections.
What we’re looking for
5-7 years’ experience in a multi-faceted communications or marketing role (relevant experience in another field will also be considered).
• Proven experience managing and developing social media campaigns for business.
• Passion for developing strong and strategic end-to-end communications campaigns.
• Extensive copywriting and copy-editing experience.
• Practical experience using CMS, ideally including Hootsuite, WordPress, Mailchimp.
• Data-driven approach, with experience in audience segmentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a meticulous eye for detail.
• Experience producing targeted marketing and social campaigns, including paid media.
• Tech-savvy with a creative flair.
• Passion for the written word, understanding of visual storytelling, and the ability to generate engagement through content development.
• Exceptional organisational, process and project management skills.
• Strong personal brand, presence and confidence.
• Professional integrity and approach representing the team internally, and business externally.
• Resilient and hardworking nature, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Approachable and friendly nature.
• Welsh speaker is desirable, but not essential.
What we offer
The Seren Collection and Routescape offers an excellent working environment in one of the most stunning parts of the UK, with the world-famous Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park on its doorstep. The successful candidate will be joining a business with a strong family philosophy and a highly-experienced, award-winning team.
A competitive salary based on experience is offered to attract the highest calibre candidates. A discretionary bonus will also be available, along with generous staff discounts across the Seren Collection and associated membership organisations, a pension scheme, and other benefits.
If so, we would love to hear from you. Candidates should forward a Covering Letter and CV to Oliver, our Group HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org